Using ‘Base Dressing’ (Pre-Plant) Fertilization
When creating a fertilizer program, in the ‘General Details’ screen, Select “yes” for ‘Base Dressing’:
If you also selected ‘Yes’ for ‘Soil Test Available?’, enter your soil test results and continue to the ‘Base Dressing’ stage.
- If not entered in the soil test screen, select soil texture and/or enter the CEC of the soil
- SMART! Will return a percentage distribution recommended for base-dressing application.
If you wish, you can adjust the recommended distribution
- Click the ‘Add Fertilizers’ button to select your available fertilizers.
- Select your fertilizers and click ‘Apply and Get Recommendation’.
- SMART! will return the fertilizer rates to be applied in the base dressing application.
- if you wish, you can change the recommended fertilizer rates manually.
Note: all nutrient and fertilizer rates refer to the field area.