A step by step guide to setting up your farms and fields with SMART! software.
As a new user you have a pre-defined Default farm, with a Default 1 acre or 1 hectare field.
You can create your own farms and fields.
- From the Farm Management box select "Add/edit farms and fields". Note that the Farm tab is selected
- To add a farm, click on the + icon
- Give your farm a name and click the check mark icon to save your farm
- From the Farm Management box, select "Add/Edit farms and fields".
- Select the "Fields" tab
- Find your location and zoom in to locate your farm on the map.
You can zoom in and out by clicking on the + / - or by using your mouse scrolling wheel.
- Click on the drawing tool, located on the right upper corner of the map, to start drawing the field.
Mark the corners of the field to create a closed shape and complete the mapping.
The area of the field will be automatically calculated on the map.
- From the 'Farm' drop-down menu, select the farm to which the field belongs.
- Give a name and description to your field and click the 'Save' button.
* You can also click the pin icon to mark the location of the field and enter its area manually (in this case, field will not be drawn on the map).