Gray Mold is a disease commonly present in grape and strawberry crops. It is produced by a fungus that can infect a vast quantity of crop species causing serious problems in plant health and reduced yields. However, is it always unwelcome? Read on to discover more about this disease, the fungus Botrytis cinerea and how to get rid of it when unwanted.
The coffee crop is very important to the global economy. More than 10 million tons are produced yearly worldwide, making it responsible for running the economy wheel in many sectors, such as agricultural companies, cooperatives, exportation and/or trader companies, coffee roasters and of course, farmers.
When planning your crops’ irrigation or fertigation, besides knowing its water needs and your field’s climate condition, it is essential to know your soil, because characteristics that might seem insignificant, will in fact be deal breakers for an efficient water and/or nutrient supply.
1. Where do you find this crop? Growing garlic is a thriving operation producing up to 12-14 tonnes of product per hectare. The principal commercialized part is the dry bulb of the plant. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the main region of production is Asia; between 2019-2000, an average of 18,880,698 […]
If you grow sugarcane in Latin America, you will most likely come across larvae of a moth called Diatraea saccharalis, commonly known as the sugarcane borer. Despite its name, this pest harms more than just sugarcane crops, it is also related to yield loss in rice, corn, wheat, and other cereal grasses.
Before attempting to control any pest or disease in your berry crops, it is necessary to correctly identify the responsible species. In this article, you will find some of the main insects, fungi and viruses that may damage your berry crops.
It is well known between farmers and agronomists – or anyone interested in plants, actually – all over the world the importance of nitrogen for agriculture.
Keeping plants healthy is essential for them to perform well and be profitable. From SMART Fertilizer we understand the importance of knowing possible diseases in order to detect and stop them. Discover in this article some of the ones we know about citrus.
Is climate change something we can obviate? The truth is that those unstoppable changes are not only a prediction but also observed nowadays. Since we are facing the consequences, in this article you will find what are we expecting worldwide for the near future and what are the tools thay may help us to generate sufficient amount of food for this and next generations.
- Nutrient Management of Cannabis
- Guide to Growing Sugarcane
- Optimizing Fertilizer Formulations for Improved Grain Yields
- Growing Potatoes
- Citrus Fertilizer Management
- Corn Fertilizer
- Almond Growing Conditions
- Fertilizer Recommendations for Soybean
- Guidelines for Coffee Growing
- Banana Fertilizer Management
- Avocado Nutrient Management
- Tomato Fertilizer Requirements
- Aluminum in Soil
- Interpreting Soil Test Results - The Extraction Method
- Understanding PPM in soil
- Cation-Anion Balance in Water and Soil
- Cation Exchange Capacity of Soils
- Sodic soils and their management
- Soil Test Interpretation Guide
- How to Raise Soil pHSoil Salinity
- Soil Chemical Analysis as a Tool for Evaluating Nutrient Availability
- How to Prevent and Manage Soil Salinity
- Potassium in Soil
- How to Interpret Your Soil Test Results
- How to Choose a Liming Material
- How to Manage Soil Fertility
- Soil Acidity
- Understanding the Five Most Important Parameters on your Soil Test Report
- The Complete Guide to Pre-Plant Fertilizer Application
- Fertilizing with Organic Matter
- Five Things You Must Know About Using Urea Fertilizers
- Five Ways to Minimize Nitrate Leaching
- Calcium Nitrate
- Fertilizer Calculator
- Fertilizer Solubility
- The 5 Common Fertilizer Management Mistakes Growers Make
- Chelated Fertilizers and Their Use
- Nitrogen Fertilizers
- Fertilizer Analysis and composition
- Nutrient Uptake in Plants
- Silicon in Agriculture and Plant Nutrition
- Chloride - an Essential Nutrient or Harmful Element?Ammonium/Nitrate Ratio
- Phosphorus in Soil and Plants
- Timing and Frequency of Fertilizer Application
- Understanding Plant Tissue Analysis
- Nitrogen Management
- Optimizing fertilizer application rates
- Foliar Feeding
- Plant Nutrients
- Magnesium in plants and soil
- Boron in Plants
- Sulfur in plants and soil
- Iron Nutrition in Plants
- Zinc in plants
- Calcium in Plants and Soil
- Can Mineral Nutrition Affect Plant Disease?
- Visual Identification of Nutrient Deficiencies
- Giving Fertilizer Recommendations
- Plug plants – Testing and Monitoring Nutritional Status
- How Does the Electrical Conductivity Affect Plant Growth?
- Potassium in Plants
- Fertigation Fertilizer Compatibility Chart
- Irrigation scheduling in soilless culture
- How to Balance Nutrient Solutions
- The challenges of Growing in a Closed Hydroponic System
- pH Adjustment in Fertigation
- Fertigation Best Practices (I)
- Preparation of Fertilizer Stock Solutions for Fertigation
- Hydroponic Systems
- Hydroponic Nutrient Solutions
- How To Successfully Choose Growing Media
- Fertilizer Injectors
- How to Calibrate & Test Your Fertilizer Injectors
- Fertility Management in Container Plants