Before attempting to control any pest or disease in your berry crops, it is necessary to correctly identify the responsible species. In this article, you will find some of the main insects, fungi and viruses that may damage your berry crops.
It is well known between farmers and agronomists – or anyone interested in plants, actually – all over the world the importance of nitrogen for agriculture.
Keeping plants healthy is essential for them to perform well and be profitable. From SMART Fertilizer we understand the importance of knowing possible diseases in order to detect and stop them. Discover in this article some of the ones we know about citrus.
Is climate change something we can obviate? The truth is that those unstoppable changes are not only a prediction but also observed nowadays. Since we are facing the consequences, in this article you will find what are we expecting worldwide for the near future and what are the tools thay may help us to generate sufficient amount of food for this and next generations.
With an increased interest of farmers on growing dry beans, the importance of dedicating a whole article on its pests was noticed. Therefore, throughout this text, the major pests in each phenological state of the plant will be introduced, together with some inputs on how to prevent them.
Pests and diseases are something that every farmer all over the world is scared of when it comes to crop management. However, there is on in specific that has the ability to infect more than 400 known plant species, it’s quite hard to be eliminated and can lead to a yield loss up to 70%. Have a look at this article to find out which disease we are talking about!
Every year raspberry canes must be rooted out and new shoots will form the next generation. What other characteristics does this crop have? What minimum temperature do you think it can resist? Discover the most interesting information about this species and learn how to obtain the greatest benefits, with the optimal edaphoclimatic preferences and the application of a fertilization program that you will find in the SMART Fertilizer software.
For ages, garlic has been a common ingredient in human diets. Nowadays the size and quality of the final product can be improved with a proper management of the sowing distance, edaphoclimatic requirements and fertilization. Find here the best recommendations to obtain the highest proficiency from your garlic crop and discover more about this species of plant.
Humans have grown lemons for more than two thousand years, reaching today to produce almost 8 million tons a year in the world. Discover more about this crop and how to get the best profitability. The SMART Fertilizer software will always be there to provide you with the most personalized advice. Find some tricks to induce flower production and also the most favourable conditions to obtain the highest yield.
- Nutrient Management of Cannabis
- Guide to Growing Sugarcane
- Optimizing Fertilizer Formulations for Improved Grain Yields
- Growing Potatoes
- Citrus Fertilizer Management
- Corn Fertilizer
- Almond Growing Conditions
- Fertilizer Recommendations for Soybean
- Guidelines for Coffee Growing
- Banana Fertilizer Management
- Avocado Nutrient Management
- Tomato Fertilizer Requirements
- Aluminum in Soil
- Interpreting Soil Test Results - The Extraction Method
- Understanding PPM in soil
- Cation-Anion Balance in Water and Soil
- Cation Exchange Capacity of Soils
- Sodic soils and their management
- Soil Test Interpretation Guide
- How to Raise Soil pHSoil Salinity
- Soil Chemical Analysis as a Tool for Evaluating Nutrient Availability
- How to Prevent and Manage Soil Salinity
- Potassium in Soil
- How to Interpret Your Soil Test Results
- How to Choose a Liming Material
- How to Manage Soil Fertility
- Soil Acidity
- Understanding the Five Most Important Parameters on your Soil Test Report
- The Complete Guide to Pre-Plant Fertilizer Application
- Fertilizing with Organic Matter
- Five Things You Must Know About Using Urea Fertilizers
- Five Ways to Minimize Nitrate Leaching
- Calcium Nitrate
- Fertilizer Calculator
- Fertilizer Solubility
- The 5 Common Fertilizer Management Mistakes Growers Make
- Chelated Fertilizers and Their Use
- Nitrogen Fertilizers
- Fertilizer Analysis and composition
- Nutrient Uptake in Plants
- Silicon in Agriculture and Plant Nutrition
- Chloride - an Essential Nutrient or Harmful Element?Ammonium/Nitrate Ratio
- Phosphorus in Soil and Plants
- Timing and Frequency of Fertilizer Application
- Understanding Plant Tissue Analysis
- Nitrogen Management
- Optimizing fertilizer application rates
- Foliar Feeding
- Plant Nutrients
- Magnesium in plants and soil
- Boron in Plants
- Sulfur in plants and soil
- Iron Nutrition in Plants
- Zinc in plants
- Calcium in Plants and Soil
- Can Mineral Nutrition Affect Plant Disease?
- Visual Identification of Nutrient Deficiencies
- Giving Fertilizer Recommendations
- Plug plants – Testing and Monitoring Nutritional Status
- How Does the Electrical Conductivity Affect Plant Growth?
- Potassium in Plants
- Fertigation Fertilizer Compatibility Chart
- Irrigation scheduling in soilless culture
- How to Balance Nutrient Solutions
- The challenges of Growing in a Closed Hydroponic System
- pH Adjustment in Fertigation
- Fertigation Best Practices (I)
- Preparation of Fertilizer Stock Solutions for Fertigation
- Hydroponic Systems
- Hydroponic Nutrient Solutions
- How To Successfully Choose Growing Media
- Fertilizer Injectors
- How to Calibrate & Test Your Fertilizer Injectors
- Fertility Management in Container Plants